Left Handed Player

steveduvalshotley
steveduvalshotley
12/23/2022 11:25 am

Hi all, I am new to Guitar Tricks.

I have been using Yousician for a few months but found it to be like a game. Signed up for guitar tricks and learnt more in the first couple of days.

My question is I am left-handed is their a left-handed section or is it all right-handed?

# 1
GordonAll
Full Access
GordonAll
Full Access
12/24/2022 1:19 pm

Hi Steve,

As far as I'm aware, it's all right handed tutors. Being left handed I find is a bit of an advantage as it's kinda like looking in a mirror when watching a r/h tutor/guitarist (same when watching youtube or any other sites) - think it might take a bit longer (for me) learning from a l/h one. That's my take on it, obviously, everybody's different so you might not see it the same as me.

Enjoy the journey.

Cheers,

Gordon

# 2
steveduvalshotley
steveduvalshotley
01/02/2023 11:18 am

Hi Gordon

Many thanks for your reply.

All the best for the new year.

Steve

# 3
mjgodin
mjgodin
01/02/2023 12:52 pm

I'm left handed,  but I learned to play righty back in the early eighties. I stopped for a long time , but my instructor back then encouraged me to learn righty for many reasons so when I joined GuitarTricks I just picked up a right handed guitar and never gave any more thought to it. It's really not as uncomfortable as you might think. Like Gordon says there are no left handed specific tutorials that I'm aware and I've been on for three years now. As for viewing lessons I would find it harder to follow the fretting if I was playing left handed but that's me. Do you think it's really causing you a problem? Maybe ask one of the instructors and get their take on it. They may have some advice for you. 

good luck, 

Moe

edited
# 4
kfcfan
kfcfan
01/07/2023 2:25 pm

Hi there.........

I started playing about 3 months ago with GT.  I'm definetely left handed! Tried in the guitar store to hold a right handed guitar and it just didn't feel comfortable!  got me a leftie Fender and love it.  I do not find a problem at all with all the instructions here (Anders is great btw!) and as other folk have said it's like looking in a mirror.  

Still practising but making good progress thanks to GT! 

Cheers 

JG

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.