Fender.Bender
Full Access
Fender.Bender
Full Access
12/04/2022 6:43 pm

hello everyone

I'm 40+ from Finland and have never played any instrument until about 2 years ago. I saw someone online talking about covid and saying that it's the perfect time to learn guitar and I said to myself "YAAAAAAASSSSSS"!!!! I had my doubts, of course, about the whole project as my left hand has been mainly idle for 40 years, so I loaned a guitar for a while from the library. After a couple of months I bought an acoustic Yamaha and did the usual Youtube-method where you end up wasting a lot of time looking for the right stuff and decent teachers. Eventually, I gave into the Guitartricks advertisements and I have no regrets about it. It's very convinient and saves a lot of time. Learning guitar is way harder than other hobbies I've had before, but I don't mind my super slow progress as I've always been a music fan. It's kind of cool to finally learn an instrument and not just listen to other people play. Anyway, that's all - just wanted to say hi!

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
12/04/2022 7:02 pm

Welcome aboard and congrats on your decision to join Guitartricks.

Good Luck,

Moe

edited
# 2
Blakeney8
Full Access
Blakeney8
Full Access
12/11/2022 10:40 am

Welcome. Go through all of the guitar one lessons very slowly so that you understand all the concepts. Then move on to number 2. Do the same thing, get all the lessons well learned. Anders is a fantastic teacher and will help with anything you don't understand. Remember you and your guitar are taking a journey together. Enjoy every minute of it. Good luck!!

# 3
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
12/11/2022 12:54 pm

Welcome!  You'll like it here.

# 4
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/11/2022 7:15 pm

Hi Fender.Bender!

Congrats to you on taking on this wonderful new challenge, skill-set, and pathway to FUN and JOY.

Anders and I both have Fundamentals Courses that are very step-by-step, and will help you make sure that your foundational skills are solid and strong. Once you get those basics nailed down, you can SAIL ahead in any musical direction that you like!

Best of luck, and have fun! - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.