View post (The tuner or the strings fault?)

View thread

gaanglatihan
gaanglatihan
11/05/2022 6:44 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Are the strings still shiny & silver?  Are there any grey or black (nickel oxide) places on them?  Do they feel smooth or rough?  These are some of the things to look for when deciding to change the strings.  You also need to make sure the strings are wound tightly around the tuner posts so they don't slip out of tune easily when playing.

It seems odd that the E string went to G.  That either means the string went way dow in pitch (maybe the windings at the tuner post or the bridge got loose).  Or the string went up in pitch which seems very unlikely.

This tutorial covers all those possible problem areas:  what to look for in string life, when & how to change the strings, how to do it effectively to make sure your guitar stays in tune.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/24112

If you don't want to deal with any of that, then take it back to the shop & pay them to check the guitar & put a new set of strings on it.  Hope that helps!

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, after I read your reply I immediately went to the store with my electric guitar and my tuner, after the seller checked the strings, bridge and other things there are no problems, the problem he found was in my cheap tuner. The strings still good and nothing wrong with my guitar tones.

My cheap tuner (only $2,56) was not very accurate, sometimes it's showed G, and after a while it's changed to E. So I bought "again" a good enough tuner although the price is quite expensive.

The seller said if I'm still learning and without a private tutor he suggested that I should not buy cheap stuff or I'm going to misguided and frustrated. Lol.

Thanks for the help 🙏

I'm a beginner using electric guitar.