View post (Anders or Lisa)

View thread

jermcbroom
Full Access
jermcbroom
Full Access
11/09/2022 4:30 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: StrawDog Jed

Funny you should ask! I came to the forum tonight specifically to see what people thought of Anders vis a vis Lisa.

To me, it feels like Anders is the updated, hipper version of the beginner curriculum (and I am still quite new, so haven't gone more than the first two chapter with each instructor), but I think people might miss a lot of great info if they leave Lisa out of the equation. She doesn't bring the European cool that Anders provides, but there is so much great information and discussion on elements beyond the how-to of things, whick probably will prove invaluable as one progresses.  Lisa takes time getting the student into things, but she uses that pace to build great habits and get the student thinking about what they have to do to improve.

Maybe I won't feel the same way at the end of the Beginner course, but right now I would say doing both versions would reap the greatest results. 

Im thinking I'm agreeing with you.  Since I'm not in a hurry, think I'll do both  We're paying for it, right?