Auto Scroll


vkowa100
Full Access
Joined: 04/21/20
Posts: 7

Has the auto scroll function been removed since the website update? I'm not seeing it on any songs.


# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355

Hey vkowa100, the auto-scroll function should be there just like before. Is there a particular song that it's missing from? 


# 2
vkowa100
Full Access
Joined: 04/21/20
Posts: 7

Hi Ben, I don't see it on any of the songs. 😂


# 3
hagkno
Full Access
Joined: 11/16/21
Posts: 1

No auto scroll or print option on my screen


# 4
mjgodin
Full Access
Joined: 11/23/19
Posts: 394
#2 Originally Posted by: Ben Martin

Hey vkowa100, the auto-scroll function should be there just like before. Is there a particular song that it's missing from? 

Ben I put a note to Mike about a song he taught called "true "by George strait. I went through the entire lesson including the performance and jam along and did not see an auto scroll. 


moe


Why don't guitars come with an instruction manual ?

Oh yeah, that's what GuitarTricks is for..

# 5
Rick-623
Full Access
Joined: 10/12/19
Posts: 1

No auto scroll for either. I like to practice with the " practice tune" displayed at the top of the screen and the "notation" displayed at the bottom of the screen (split screen). I cannot get auto scroll to work when practicing like this. Also I cannot get this view on my iPad while in landscape view. It will work in portrait view.  I hope the auto scroll function can be fixed soon. 


thx!


Rick


# 6
ch.valaer
Full Access
Joined: 08/22/20
Posts: 1

same here, i also miss the autoplay function with my ipad. before i can use it, when open the site with the browser. now that don't works anymore. i would also appreciate it when autoplay would work with the official app on my tablet.


# 7
tgchan
Full Access
Joined: 06/25/17
Posts: 74

auto-scroll is broken. It just goes on and on until the very end unless you refresh the page and start over.


 


 


You cannot let the video end with the song otherwise you are forced to refresh the whole page. Auto-scroll tick box doesn't work as well.


# 8
vkowa100
Full Access
Joined: 04/21/20
Posts: 7

So what is the conclusion with auto scroll?  I don't see it. I really like it and I'm sure others on this site agree. Will we get it back? 


# 9
maxxmcgiven
Full Access
Joined: 06/21/21
Posts: 3

When will autoscroll be fixed? It has not worked properly on my pc laptop or on my iPad for more than a week. Also, I hate the way the pop up thing in the upper right corner now blocks the tablature and you cant get rid of it even if you want to manually scroll. These two things have turned GT from a great app into a real pain in the a&$. Please fix!


# 10
gd3nn3tt
Full Access
Joined: 07/17/22
Posts: 2

I have been away for 2 weeks come back to find a new much poorer quality site and auto scroll no longer working which makes learning songs hard and off putting.


when are you going to fix this as it is no longer the site I paid to suscribe to


# 11
Ben Martin
Administrator
Joined: 04/26/10
Posts: 355
#10 Originally Posted by: maxxmcgiven

When will autoscroll be fixed? It has not worked properly on my pc laptop or on my iPad for more than a week. Also, I hate the way the pop up thing in the upper right corner now blocks the tablature and you cant get rid of it even if you want to manually scroll. These two things have turned GT from a great app into a real pain in the a&$. Please fix!

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that the autoscroll has been wonky on some devices since rolling out the new website. Yesterday afternoon we pushed out an update to the autoscroll system that fixed all the errors we identified during testing. We adjusted the controlbox so it doesn't get in the way of the notation on smaller screens, we adjusted how far it scrolls to better compensate for the screen size you are on, and we fixed a bug that would sometimes make the notation automatically scroll to the bottom of the notation when restarting a video that had reached the end. 


If there are still issues today, please try clearing the cache on your browser. If you still see an issue, please let us know what device you are using and what the specific issue is, and we will get it fixed as fast as we can. 


# 12
gd3nn3tt
Full Access
Joined: 07/17/22
Posts: 2
#12 Originally Posted by: Ben Martin

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that the autoscroll has been wonky on some devices since rolling out the new website. Yesterday afternoon we pushed out an update to the autoscroll system that fixed all the errors we identified during testing. We adjusted the controlbox so it doesn't get in the way of the notation on smaller screens, we adjusted how far it scrolls to better compensate for the screen size you are on, and we fixed a bug that would sometimes make the notation automatically scroll to the bottom of the notation when restarting a video that had reached the end. 


If there are still issues today, please try clearing the cache on your browser. If you still see an issue, please let us know what device you are using and what the specific issue is, and we will get it fixed as fast as we can. 

I have been learning kiss from a rose by Seal which is a long song but used to scroll on the performance lesson


I use ipad, but this doesn't scroll any longer - also whenever I click on it I have to open on lesson 1 then go to the performance part from there it never opens where I last left it, it's long winded, clunky and far far worse than before.


# 13
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,232
#13 Originally Posted by: gd3nn3tt

I have been learning kiss from a rose by Seal which is a long song but used to scroll on the performance lesson


I use ipad, but this doesn't scroll any longer - also whenever I click on it I have to open on lesson 1 then go to the performance part from there it never opens where I last left it, it's long winded, clunky and far far worse than before.

Hi gd3nn3tt, we were unable to replicate the auto-scroll issue on that particular song. We tested and the auto-scroll function was there in the performance section. If you are able to, please take a screenshot of your page while viewing the performance section, and send to admin@guitartricks.com


It is helpful to see what members are seeing on their end. 


If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 14
malick.kora.sg
Registered User
Joined: 10/17/22
Posts: 2

I find it very hard to go through the steps of learning all the chords in the fundamentals course, and due to me being uninterested, I am hardly absorbing anything I learned. All I wanted to do is learn the notes on guitar and fingerstyle so I could improvise whatever I want. I really don't want to go through every step just because it is structured that way.


# 15