View post (Back to GT and Full Access after long break)

View thread

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
08/30/2022 9:38 am

It's good to be back!

I started playing guitar in July of 2020 and became a full access member of Guitar Tricks for my first year of playing. I have since learned how to play ukulele and I have also been learning how to play piano. But the guitar is my first "true love" and the one I enjoy playing the most.

I have jumped into Guitar Fundamentals 2 with Anders. I think that's a good starting point for me. I last left off with finishing Guitar Fundamentals 1 and had also dabbled in some of the Acoustic lessons.

While I love the song selection on GT, I find everything but the easy and made easy songs really difficult for me. Maybe it will go a little better once I get my skills up.

I'm looking forward to improving my skills, especially fingerpicking. I do really well with the strumming but fingerpicking has been a struggle.

I play a Breedlove Organic Signature Companion Acoustic/Electric - Copper Torrefied European Spruce/African Mahogany. I absolutely love it! I have my favorite strings on it, too. The D'addario 1152 Nickel Bronze.

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends here.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor