A minor pentatonic

martjor854
Full Access
martjor854
Full Access
08/29/2022 12:40 pm

Hi,[br]I’m still not sure about the A minor pentatonic scale position one [br]5-8[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-8[br]5-8[br]Some backing tracks show chords played over this position [br]but I do not understand how to play chords over the above scale positions.[br]Can you explain this.[br]What I am interested in doing is playing a backing track over the above positions of Am pentatonic position one.[br]In order to improvise with the above position how can this be done do you have any examples please.[br]Jamming to a backing track would be great fun.[br]I am using an acoustic guitar.[br]IF playing the second position of this pentatonic scale starting at [br]5-8[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]Would the same backing track be okay?[br]Can you recommend specific backing racks please as I am new to this.

If I play the A minor pentatonic scale at position two [br]The notes will be different to position one do I not need a different backing track to position one.[br]The are many backing tracks in Am but there is no position for the scale given,[br]Initially I want to play position one then position two.

finally; how do you set a metronome for a rhythm of

1e+a2e+a3e+a4e+a

Thank you for your time.

# 1
Steve-T
Steve-T
10/21/2022 12:54 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: martjor854

Hi,[br]I’m still not sure about the A minor pentatonic scale position one [br]5-8[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-8[br]5-8[br]Some backing tracks show chords played over this position [br]but I do not understand how to play chords over the above scale positions.[br]Can you explain this.[br]What I am interested in doing is playing a backing track over the above positions of Am pentatonic position one.[br]In order to improvise with the above position how can this be done do you have any examples please.[br]Jamming to a backing track would be great fun.[br]I am using an acoustic guitar.[br]IF playing the second position of this pentatonic scale starting at [br]5-8[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]Would the same backing track be okay?[br]Can you recommend specific backing racks please as I am new to this.

If I play the A minor pentatonic scale at position two [br]The notes will be different to position one do I not need a different backing track to position one.[br]The are many backing tracks in Am but there is no position for the scale given,[br]Initially I want to play position one then position two.

finally; how do you set a metronome for a rhythm of

1e+a2e+a3e+a4e+a

Thank you for your time.

I would post this question in the Music Theory forum if I were you, more chance of an answer

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.