Different tunings

ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
07/25/2022 9:15 pm

Hi Mike

enjoyed the 2 weeks covering the tunings

still very much a beginner but starting to understand more and more of the musical terms such as intervals and understanding why one note is the fifth of another.

So as soon as you explained the open C tunings I found myself asking why you didn't raise the D to an E giving CGEGCE only to find it is an alternative tuning popularised in Hawai as the slack guitar tuning.

I amazed myself.

Always watch later on a Sunday morning in the UK so YouTube still allows me to see the names watching and the many comments

thanks

Dave

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/26/2022 11:34 pm

Hi Dave - thanks so much!! Glad you were able to get a lot from the sessions. And as you can see, you can create plenty of tuning variations that can be useful! Great job experimenting with that!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: ddiddler

Hi Mike

enjoyed the 2 weeks covering the tunings

still very much a beginner but starting to understand more and more of the musical terms such as intervals and understanding why one note is the fifth of another.

So as soon as you explained the open C tunings I found myself asking why you didn't raise the D to an E giving CGEGCE only to find it is an alternative tuning popularised in Hawai as the slack guitar tuning.

I amazed myself.

Always watch later on a Sunday morning in the UK so YouTube still allows me to see the names watching and the many comments

thanks

Dave

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.