View post (Dialling in the Katana 100 Mk11)

View thread

SamA01
SamA01
07/13/2022 5:47 am

This amp has all the sounds or so it seems. However, I am having a difficult/torrid time dialling it in.

After downloading all the presets from the Boss Tone Studio and playing around for several months and growing to hate most of those tones, I started trying to create my own.

I started by doing a factory reset and getting a feel for the default presets. Then, after mucking around for some time tweaking these settings I started overwriting them.

One of the problems is that I have three guitars, all HSS but sound different in their own respect. That problem aside, if I focused on only one guitar, the problem is that any minor changes to the guitar's volume or tone knobs seems to affect the perfect tone that I was using a few minutes ago which then seems impossible to recreate on a consistent basis.

Also, I am constantly looking for that perfect tone as I am a beginner and don't quite know the amp's limitations...

Today, I tried dialling in the Studio Rats Blues preset but alas, I can't seem to get his tone (I put it down to him using a HH PRS).

Also, a tone that I may have really liked previously, doesn't seem to sound the same the next time I use it. Is it my ear or what?

I understand the concept of this amp but damn it's tough dialling it in.

Any help would be appreciated.