Hi Everyone, Semi fingers here

Semi fingers
Full Access
Semi fingers
Full Access
05/26/2022 5:32 am

Hi everyone, Im new here, Ive played guitar and bass here and there... Trying to quit hard core video gaming, to immerse myself in the world of music, Hoping to make a friend or two in the forums, I own a Ibanez electric guitar and a Kramer Bass, that is what im working with right now... Thanks.

# 1
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
05/26/2022 1:00 pm

Hey Semi fingers,

That's a tough transition - giving up the exciting addictive world of gaming in order to immerse one's self in the often frustrating grind of learning beginner level guitar. I faced the same dilemma and just couldn't deal with the constant temptation, so ended up selling the game consoles just so I could concentrate on guitar. You might consider doing the same. Or, at least box up the console(s) so it's not so easy to plop down and start playing your favorite game for "just a few minutes".

Good news is that GT's beginner courses are excellent and the forum is a great place to obtain help and suggestions. Good luck!

# 2
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
05/26/2022 4:26 pm

I had the same problem, too. Just with a slight difference, I was pulled into a video gaming obsession after learning guitar, which slowed down my progress immensely. I pulled myself out of it, realising two things; I'm not enjoying videogaming and that people are just addicts in this never-ending spiral. They're still there now, at 6am, achieving nothing in life and with less sleep. Harsh, but true.

You really are better off and you've chosen a lifelong hobby that will give you skills and far more creative fun, instead of an endless cycle. So, well done and welcome!

MM.

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 3
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
05/27/2022 2:42 am

Welcome!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.