Beginner to Guitar Tricks

ccranko
ccranko
04/26/2022 8:44 am

Hi, I haven't signed on yet...I don't know which course to choose...I played as a young person, have picked up the guitar after a 30 year break and just want to get back into fingerpicking so I can play around a campfire and for general enjoyment. Where would I start in this course??

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/26/2022 11:25 am
Originally Posted by: ccranko

Hi, I haven't signed on yet...I don't know which course to choose...I played as a young person, have picked up the guitar after a 30 year break and just want to get back into fingerpicking so I can play around a campfire and for general enjoyment. Where would I start in this course??

This depends on your current skill level & how much knowledge you retained from previous experience.

I encourage you to work through the Fundamentals courses looking to refresh your memory & rebuild some physical playing skills. If GF1 is too basic, then skip ahead to GF2.

When you are ready for it, or if you skip through the Fundamentals, then your best option is the Acoustic courses to work on basic skills such as fingerpicking, in order to play campfire songs.

All these courses are available starting on this page.

https://www.guitartricks.com/beginner.php

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.