View post (Utterly lost and confused)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/15/2022 4:20 pm

Draconus,

What do you want to add to your skills? Once you reach a certian level of competency, music becomes less and less of lesson sequences and more about specific skills. So again it comes down to what do you want to add to your skills? What made you want to pay guitar to begin with? Have you exhusted your list of desired skills?

I have used very little of the lesson sequences, as such. I came here looking for skill development. After I joined, I came to find that I also enjoy the forum as well. It is great to be able to ask questions to a group of focused musicians. I am sure that Steve the Tech Wizzard has saved me close to what I paid for subscription. These are the reasons I am still here enjoying GT.

I have heard people echo your frustration, once the finish the beginner tutorials. Maybe some day they will have Country 3 and Rock 3, but now that is not available. What is available is a cornicopia of gruitar knowledge, techincal skills, and a lot of theory. What is required is the ablity to recognize what you lack and find the answers through the search function. At least that is what I keep myself amused with these days. My experience is that no matter how I work at it there is always more to learn. Music is bottomless, that is one of the reasons I love it so.

I would also ask..... Do you have people to jam with regularly? If not, by all means start looking for them now! Musical friends are a large part of how I have stayed enthused about playing music for decades. Applying all these skills actually comes to life when you join in with others to make noise together. Nothing better that musical cohorts to make all that arcane theory exciting and relevant..............

So I will finish, like I started, by asking "What do you want to do with guitar?"

Captcha is a total pain in the........