View post (Frozen Vienna sausage fingers)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
04/19/2022 10:36 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65It's why I have my current Gibson Les Paul; it very much reminds me of that old '68 I had. Primarily, there's no weight relief. I like a heavy Les Paul. So my Les Paul now on my wall fits that and the neck profile that feels like home.[/quote]

Begs two questions if you'll favour humoring me?[br][br]1. What does your current Les Paul weigh?[br][br]I know from previous posts by you that you prefer playing with a strap which IMPO/E is prerequisite with a Les Paul style guitar even 'balanced' in the sat on thigh style.

2. Do you (A) ever play seated with it, and if/when you do, (i) with a strap thigh style or (ii) 'centred' supported between the legs posture as always used by Andy self-illustrative here, common practice when seated with many LP players I've noted.

[quote=JeffS65]That's the deal, it's gotta feel like it fits ya.

[br][br]Summarised in a sentence.[br][br]I have an acquaintance who has become rather a friend over the years playing who loves his Les Pauls. He's a tallish 6' 2" vs my average 5' 9". They are a physical and everything else fit for/with him. Can only wish it were so for me. Undeniably a drop dead gorgeous aesthetic, arguably one of the most beautiful ever conceived.