Christopher Schlegel's GF2 course

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/02/2022 9:05 pm

Hello Admin,

I just finished Christopher's GF2 course focusing on music theory and think it's a shame to have discontinued it altogether. The only way to even know about it seems to be through Chris himself. I finished GF 1 & 2 with both Anders and Lisa... and still had a lot of questions about music theory because those courses dole out theory in bite sized pieces in anything but a thorough logical progression. In contrast, Christopher's GF2 course lays it all out - each lesson building on the previous lessons with no gaps. It therefore complements the existing GF courses perfectly.

How about making it a highly visible supplement to the core curriculum? I think that would be of great utility to beginners.

Nicolai

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
04/02/2022 9:07 pm

Amen![br][br][br]

# 2
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
04/03/2022 2:48 am

I 2nd that amen. Why can't I see Chris gf2 course in his list of lessons? Seems nuts to be buried away deep. The favourites aren't great either as can't really arrange how you'd like so would like to start Chris gf2 and easily come back to where left off without spending 50 clicks.

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/03/2022 2:40 pm
Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

I just finished Christopher's GF2 course focusing on music theory and think it's a shame to have discontinued it altogether.

[p]It's still available. It's only discontinued in the sense that the newer versions are more visible on the Core Learn System. Every so often GT updates the content with newer production standards. My course was done in 2009 with the tech available back then, so it's pretty dated looking now!

And it's a benefit to the users & the site that GT has different instructors with different approaches for different guitar learners with different learning styles.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/03/2022 2:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

Why can't I see Chris gf2 course in his list of lessons?[/quote]

All the tutorials in the course are in my directory.

https://www.guitartricks.com/instructor.php?input=155014

And if you click on any one of them it will take you to the course. The course navigation is on the right lower side of the page.

But maybe a link to the course on my directory is something I can find out about.

[quote=Tinpan]The favourites aren't great either as can't really arrange how you'd like so would like to start Chris gf2 and easily come back to where left off without spending 50 clicks.

The favorites are sometimes hard to work with. I personally use my browser history & favorites!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 5
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/03/2022 3:18 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Why can't I see Chris gf2 course in his list of lessons?[/quote]

All the tutorial in the course are in my directory. And if you click on any one of them it will take you to the course. The course navigation is on the right lower side of the page.

But maybe a link to the course on my directory is something I can find out about.

[quote=Tinpan]The favourites aren't great either as can't really arrange how you'd like so would like to start Chris gf2 and easily come back to where left off without spending 50 clicks.

The favorites are sometimes hard to work with. I personally use my browser history & favorites!

Been posting, asking for, and waiting for years for GT to make what should be a simple modification to Favorites. Give us, in Favorites, the same capabiltiy found in browsers... arrange links/files according to personal preference, create folders and sub-folders, etc.

Sigh. Maybe someday.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 6
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
04/04/2022 10:23 am

So how do I save Chris' gt fundamentals 2 to my favourites? I can click on any one of his heaps of lessons but not sure which is part of the curriculum so can I save it as a favourite from the 1st lesson?

# 7
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/04/2022 11:11 am

So how do I save Chris' gt fundamentals 2 to my favourites? I can click on any one of his heaps of lessons but not sure which is part of the curriculum so can I save it as a favourite from the 1st lesson?

Here are the direct links.

GF1

https://www.guitartricks.com/course.php?input=guitarfundamentals1v1(discontinued)

GF2

https://www.guitartricks.com/course.php?input=fundamentals2(discontinued)

You can click on the Begin Course link below the video player to start each course.

Here are the first lessons in each course so you can save it in favorites.

GF1 1st lesson

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=13957

GF2 1st lesson

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=10661&s_id=362

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 8
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
04/04/2022 9:10 pm

Cheers Chris.

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.