I got yer Captcha...right here

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/02/2022 5:06 am

I just finished a Captcha challenge with 14 steps, mostly because they present so many uncertainties:

Are crosswalk lights considered to be part of the crosswalk or are they traffic lights?

Where do mopeds end and motorcycles begin? Is the rider considered to be part of the motorcycle?

How much elevation increase is needed to constitute a hill?

Is a Volkswagen Bus consider a car, a truck or a bus?

Is a unicylce considered a one-wheeled bicycle? How about two unicycles close together?

Is a dinghy a boat?

Is a tree considered a boat or a guitar? Both are made of wood.

Is a very small person atop a very large guitar considered a boat? If one put wheels on that same guitar and pulled it with a truck, would it count as a trailer?

If I throw a very small rock into a pond and it floats, am I considered a witch?

Oh, I have so many questions. Somebody please enlighten me.

Nicolai

# 1
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/02/2022 7:35 pm

captcha is the bane of GT!!

But I quit..... and I missed GT. So now, I just expect to waste time with captcha. I think they need to hire some English speakers. Judging by my experiences with captcha.....I don't think the people who have run it so far, actually speak the language.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 2
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/02/2022 8:15 pm

Thanks snojones, differences in translation would help explain a lot.

I played around with it for a while and figured out that I was doing some of the challenges wrong. I'm referring to the ones where there is a grid of different pictures rather than just one subdivided picture. When you click on one small picture, it disappears. Then, a few seconds later, another picture pops up in that square. I thought it was something like playing whack-a-mole so that the goal was to hit the "verify" button as quickly as possible after making all the (for instance) fire hydrants disappear, and before others have a chance to reappear. Unfortunately, that just results in another new challenge window altogether. One instead needs to keep clicking on all the reappearing pictures until Captcha stops replacing them.... then hit "verify". Not sure if that should have been obvious or not.

In any case, I still don't know how to determine if I'm a witch ;)

Nicolai

# 3
W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
04/03/2022 9:53 am

Y'all are killing me! Because you nailed it!

# 4
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/06/2022 11:25 pm

Anyone else notice a sudden decrease in the length and complexity of Captcha challenges? Looks like Admin may have dialed down the difficulty level in response to a marked decrease in the daily volume of member posts. At least we seem to be back to the "normal" level of annoyance.

Nicolai

# 5
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/07/2022 1:15 pm

"Normal" for the past six weeks, anyway...

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.