high time these guys got recognized!!

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
03/13/2022 8:56 pm

I am writting (even though I know it will probably do no good) to ask that you please get some Little Feat material. They were never a real big name band (meaning... no billion record sales), but rock music was transformed by that group. They were musicians musicians. Generations of guitarists have followed their example of poly rhythimics, slide guitar, and EXTREAM VIRTOSITY!!! Young guitar players probably will not recognize the name, but experienced musicians know them well. They really had a unique sound, that still moves me today. I would love to see explanations of how they made that music so tasty! Please attempt to find a way to give these guys the credit they are due. You have songs by rick springfield, richard marx, carly simon, the go gos and many other minor influences on modern music. But this transformative group, is sadly, missing.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/15/2022 5:45 pm

Hey snojones, you can make song requests here: https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Thank you for the artist suggestion! We appreciate you bringing unkown artsist suggestions to us.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
03/15/2022 7:15 pm

UNKNOWN!!! I AM AGAST!! I like GT but, that comment makes me question your understanding of music of that period. Little Feat didn't spend a lot of time clowning around with theatrics, because they were consumate musicians. Listen to their music and you will hear the genius in full bloom... YOU DON'T KNOW "WILLING"?!..

"and if you give me weed, whites, and wine and you show me a sign. I'll be willng, to be moving.". ?!!

How about Dixie Chicken, or Sailing Shoes, or Fat Man in the Bathtub, Long Distance Love, or Easy to Slip, or Oh Atlanta, or Fool Your Self. All got a lot of air play, back when radio promoted music not right wing politics.

Lowel George (the lead guitarist in Little Feat) played on almost every album, by almost every recording artist, put out druing that time. Everbody had to have that slide guitar on their record. In fact that slide guitar changed the face of the electic guitar! Little Feat may not have been on Ed Sullivan or Shindig or any other major network show. But the sound they spun up was increadibly diverse. Dixie, Rock, Country, and Blues musicians, of that time, all took serious note of this group of musician's, musicians. Unknown indeed...

https://www.classicrockhistory.com/top-10-little-feat-songs/

I am not going to quit this time.... but I thought about it.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 3
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
03/15/2022 10:44 pm

Ha Sno'. I was just about to post a similar response. How can any self respecting guitar website think Lowell is unknown? There's a lot of song lessons offered that have zip to do with classic guitarists and so many overlooked due to apparent licensing issues. Don't get me wrong, the song lessons themselves are excellent but the song choices really make me scratch my head and wonder what's going on in the selection process.

Anyway..good luck. I'll keep begging for Hendrix and Neil and you keep pushing for Little Feat. If Zappa knew how good George was then who are we to argue. :-)

# 4
W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
03/16/2022 9:01 am

Yeah I was very surprised when admin called Little Feat unknowns!! Lowell played slide with a craftsman socket and created magic. Would love lessons with his slide work!!!

# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/16/2022 6:25 pm

Hey guys,

I am just an admin. I am sure that the developers have much more knowledge than I do. I am just passing along the message.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
03/17/2022 1:44 am

No worries GT Admin.

Us old guys tend to get feisty sometimes ;)

Trust me -

1. Pour yourself a whiskey and water

2. Have a seat and turn off the lights

3. Light up whatever it is you may light

4. Google "Fat Man in the Bathtub"

5. Welcome to FatBack Rock

# 7
tr.uongthanhhangpoh527
tr.uongthanhhangpoh527
06/28/2023 10:20 am

Little Feat is indeed recognized and respected among experienced musicians and music enthusiasts for their unique sound and virtuosity. Their contributions to polyrhythms, slide guitar, and musical creativity have left a lasting impact.

# 8
ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
08/29/2023 7:05 pm

Guys … lighten up.  You don’t even know if the Admin is a guitar player.  He/She might not be.  He/She was probably hired for IT skills, not musical knowledge.  Now if Chris, Mike or Anders said that you would have reason to howl.

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 11
emmanbrownusa1
emmanbrownusa1
12/11/2023 2:20 am

I don't think so, writing a letter can show sincerity better and the recipient will also like it more. slither io

edited
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.