Another absolute newbie in Bergen, Norway

Simon Ansell
Simon Ansell
02/25/2022 7:23 pm

Just got so bored with TV so here I am at 52! Im beginning to see that this is not going to be as easy as i first imagined but it is fun.....except the fu**ked up finger tips!! This may be a very silly question but in the chord finder in the 'toolbox' sometimes a string is shown with an x to the left. Does this mean thart all the other strings are strummed except those?

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
02/25/2022 7:42 pm

Welcome aboard,

Lot of players starting or restarting after a long time away in that age range so your in in the right place.

And yes the "x" would signify not playing or muting the string.

Also, I just noticed on the home screen there is a great piece on sore fingers that guitartricks has addressed because it's a common problem with beginners. I'd encourage you to give it a read to help out with that.

https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/

Good Luck and no it's not easy but it's fun and this site will get you through it. Have patience, keep your expectations in check and progress through the lessons at your own pace. Most of all enjoy.

Moe

# 2
davem_or
Full Access
davem_or
Full Access
02/26/2022 2:37 am

Bergen? I've been there. Beautiful city. I did the tourist thing.

The 'x' means you mute it but it still gets strummed or plucked depending on what you're doing. It gives strummed chords a 'thicker sound' and adds a percussive effect to what you're playing.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.