Absolute Beginner

davemorin02
davemorin02
02/24/2022 6:25 pm

Hi All. Total newbie here and bought my first acoustic guitar at the young age of 49. Looking forward to tackling the lessons here. A little nervous but excited.

# 1
edithb
Full Access
edithb
Full Access
02/24/2022 10:26 pm

Well, Hello, Dave. Welcome to Guitar Tricks. I'm kind of envious of you being "old" at 49. I'm 75 and I've belonged to Guitar Tricks for 12 years. Still just trying to get better.

I don't know if you're doing the Guitar Fundamentals course, but I would recommend it to you. There are two versions: Lisa McCormick and Anders Mouridsen.

I completed Lisa's course years ago and went on to do her fingerstyle course. She's a wonderful teacher.

Now, Anders Mouridsen is teaching the Guitar Fundamentals course, and I'm working my way through his curriculum. (I did this at first just to compare the two approaches and get my fingertips toughened up again after ignoring my guitar all summer - golf!) Anders is also a wonderful teacher.

Just two different approaches. Check them both out and see which appeals to you.

There are many other great guitar players on Guitar Tricks who teach hundreds (thousands?) of songs and teach tips and tricks in the process.

Best wishes to you in your guitar journey.

Edith

# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
02/25/2022 4:46 am

Welcome Dave!

You're in the right place. Come on in - the water's fine.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.