Just joined

Pedal board
Pedal board
02/15/2022 11:53 pm

Hello all, decided to join Guitar tricks, due to the great reviews. I am 51 and female, who first started on guitar when I was 30. I am not sure really where I am at, but, would say late beginner, early intermediate. Wanted to have structure, and not just be learning bits and pieces at random. I am happy to dive in and start learning more...........

# 1
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
02/16/2022 11:34 am

Hi Pedal Board

Joining GT was definitely a good decision. Next decision is figuring out where your "starting point" is....

I raced through the foundamentals courses just to see if there was anything basic missing from my knowledge/skillset; then went on to Country 1 and 2, eventually settling on a point where I was learning something new.

There are also masses of theory-related lessons on here, along with various techniques etc., so I'm pretty sure you'll find lots to keep to occupied.

Am I correct in assuming you're into effects pedals???? There are a few things on here dealing with pedals, but only covering the basics (unfortunately)

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 2
Pedal board
Pedal board
02/17/2022 11:01 pm

Hello, DraconusJLM, and Alpasmoochie !! Thanks for your replies. I will do both Guitar Fundamentals courses before I start on a direction. I have not played in over a year, due to some life matters, and now am settled once again, and think it worthwhile for a refresher.

I have a curiousity with pedals, but, to be honest a couple of user names I had come up with, were taken, and for some reason Pedalboard did come to mind, and wasn't taken.!!

will let you know how I am going, and hope to hear back from you both.

Janine.

# 3
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
02/17/2022 11:14 pm

Welcome PB!

The coolest thing about being here is that regardless of where you start, you can't lose. Jump in the course that speaks to your heart and then free yourself to browse and poke your nose into other cool stuff.

As you go through the course you'll get a good feel for "should I stay here or check out something else"? This is why you can't lose. You can sample and taste around the courses before settling solidly into one course.

Freedom is a good thing.

You're going to like it here.

# 4
DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
02/17/2022 11:32 pm
Originally Posted by: Pedal board

I have a curiousity with pedals

Be careful. Curiosity can lead to serious addiction..... ;-)

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.