ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
01/09/2022 7:44 pm

Hi realcrack

this is a common post.

reality hits.

we have completed fundamentals 1 or 2 but as you recognise we are not competent with the skills we have been introduced to.

I'm 18 months in and while I'm picking up knowledge of skills I'm still not fast enough with the chord changes to do justice to songs even in the made easy category. [br]You can still try moving on to different lessons while building in the chord changes to your practice sessions. [br]Using a metronome you will find your making improvements even as we know we are not quite there yet.

It's really frustrating because you hear so much about playing the guitar in 3 months or 6 months.

Play your first song after a week. Yes , playing along 1 strum per bar. Theoretically your playing that song.

Keep at it. Measure and find where your improvements are. There will always be some. [br]play something very simple but recogniseable.

Anders now does Twinkle Twinkle in his new Fundamentals. [br]A simple Happy Birthday can be accomplished. [br]Then some melody lines from a song , bits of Norwegian Wood, Greensleeves, some easy licks.

All the while working on your strumming, in time and changing between a couple of chords. [br]We all find it tough going as there so many strands which have to come together to play guitar well. Playing poorly but better can still be fun and way better than not playing at all.

Keep going , it slowly , slowly gets better

Dave