View post (struggling!)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
01/09/2022 4:25 pm

Welcome aboard,

What they are telling you there at the end of the course is you now have the tools (in this case chords) to play the "made easy " version of that song. However, there is a lot more to learning a song than just playing the chords as you have found out.

To use a different analogy if you were taught the skills on how to play Tennis would that mean your ready for a tournament? Not until you've had time to practice those skills. So what you need to do is take a little time to practice those 3 chords taught in the video. Just go slow, I would start with maybe the Am to G first. No backing track just yet. Just keep playing those two chords slowly switching between the two. Take whatever time this takes, then add in the F chord. Do the same thing until you can make all three clean and seamless. Again real slow at first. Speed will come with more repetition. Once you've gotten it down then try along with the song track. Also you can adjust the speed of the video on the left side of the screen. Click any of those numbers below 1.0 to slow it down.

Finally one of the advantages as a full member is you can ask the instructors directly and they can help you with specifics on anything your struggling with. Just go to the home page of the Forum and scroll down. You'll see their subforums with their names. I'm sure Mike can give you some pointers on how to hit those chords right, but I'm sure his advice is gonna still be go slow at first. Thats how we all learn. Patience and practice.

Good Luck in your new journey. Enjoy it and keep telling yourself YES you can learn to play guitar.