View post (First time 'electric' guitar learner - question)

View thread

ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
01/05/2022 5:22 pm

Hi Karen

If you look around the recent posts there have already been a number of similar posts. [br]Either electric or acoustic can be used , so it's your preference as to where you wish to end up.

Electric with lighter strings is definitely easier on the fingers but that is a very short term view

Anders is an update on the fundamentals courses so GT obviously think that will be the way forward.

Cover similar ground in different ways. [br]Try some modules of each and see which or who suits you best.

How long is impossible to answer as I think many will have completed the fundamentals but have not mastered them to a level for an easy transition to the Experienced lesson paths.

Just take it that you will be a good way better than where you start from.

I do most of my playing sitting and off or towards my left leg than off the non classical right leg position. [br]Posture is covered in one of Lisa's GF1 but it's more in the way of not going rock star low as a beginner. [br]I found a couple of YouTube videos useful for that. Around classical and avoiding future back issues.

Sorry , don't have the links. [br]A strap is recommended in a couple of lessons in GT

Good luck going forward.

Many will say you will find what suits and there is no definite 100% right way

Dave