View thread

martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
01/12/2022 3:29 pm
Originally Posted by: snpfarm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel
Originally Posted by: snpfarmwhat is meant by each chord played as a WHOLE NOTE ... strumming the entire chord???

Whole note is a time value identifying rhythm value. A whole note lasts for all the beats of a measure. It indicates to let the note or chord to ring for "the whole" measure.

LOL!! Well I risked it and sounded stupid. I'm familiar time/rhythm value. I read to much into it...I couldnt see how that would benefit or help learn to change chords faster and smoother. Thank you Christopher for always being there to answer our questions....even my dumb ones

On that topic, per this guy's suggestions, once you are smoothly changing chords at 120 BPM, with each as a whole note, you dial the metronome back down to 60 BPM and repeat the exercise, this time playing each chord as a half note - so on the 1st/3rd beat. Once you are making those changes smoothly at 120 BPM, you dial it back down to 60 BPM and repeat again playing each chord as quarter notes.

I don't see anything magic about the approach, but it's is certainly a very structured technique for repetitive practice on specific chord changes.

=Keith