View post (How Good Were you 6 Months Into Playing?)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/02/2003 12:55 pm
EH!! are we forgeting something here.. a month.. 30 days, in (januray 31! lol). You dont think that despite playing at least 2 hours a day, mostly on average about 4 or even 5, thats a possible 150 hours, you dont think its possible to learn a simple 8 note sequence looped?!?!!? Obviously i wasnt just learning that particular song or intro all the time.
In the UK we have a show called "the moment of truth" and people get a week to learn mad things, every golf courses name in world, or be able to pot every ball off the break off at pool. People can do that!! Is it really hard to believe I learned sweet child in a month, i dont think so. Im not saying i got it perfect, only 2 years on can i say I can play it really well. But within that first month of playing guitar all i was learning was solo's really. And on sweet child there are no difficult chords, no chords to remeber really.
I think people lack determination! Becasue, I'm digging a deeper hole here but i think i nailed the intro in a couple of days! Its only 8 notes for god sake! A great tip is to watch tv whilst playing guitar. If you come across a hard chord or that, just sit n strum it over a whole show, by the end you'll be perfect at it. The intro to sweet child is the same, sit for an hour playing it and youl get it, given a whole month to do it is ridiculously easy!

[Edited by Axl_Rose on 02-02-2003 at 06:59 AM]