G'day from Australia

dennisVol
dennisVol
12/04/2021 10:26 pm

Hi all,

A warm g'day to all from Melbourne.

I'm completely new to a guitar (always enjoyed our friends playing them though) and the main reason I picked it up is because my daughter made a wish that Santa brings her a guitar (she's 10). I had to come up with a story that an elf told me about that and brought me a guitar as well (ahead of time) so I could practice it up a bit and then help her out. So far she's pretending to buy it :) Anyway, long story short - here I am. I also tried another course, but it didn't feel quite right, the few first lessons I tried here seem to be a lot more beginner-friendly and hopefully I can appreciate it even more as I progress.

I do have a question - is there any difference in material when choosing one of the two beginner courses - one with Anders and the other with Lisa? Or should I do both? Will they cover and offer same exercises, practice, etc...?

Cheers.

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
12/04/2021 11:04 pm

G'day back @ U & welcome.[br][br]From someone who subs to a few online paid courses and sites, GT is stiil the best value and all rounder choice. If in hindsight I again had to choose just one starting out, this would be it, so you've come to the right place.[br][br]Having only quite recently been added, the beginner course here by Anders is hands on unfamiliar to me, so can't comment on it other than historically and GT Fundamentals One structure in general. Lisa's course was until recently this year the default, with Christopher's older (original?) course the alternative. [br][br]Each feature their own teaching style, approach and structure any of which will cover the necessary material. Anders being the most recent will undoubtedly have the highest res vids.[br][br]Which you'll prefer, enjoy and so make maximum progress with is up to you and the presentation teaching style you can best relate to, other factors notwithstanding. All will get the job done preparing you to progress to your preferred Blues, Country, Rock, or Acoustic stream. GL.

# 2
dennisVol
dennisVol
12/04/2021 11:32 pm

Thanks! Sounds like I should go through the first few lessons with both (I already started Anders) and see which fits best. And if I'm a slow learner I can always try the second route later on :) Time will tell...

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.