View post (What I'd need to do to get that Blues sound)

View thread

Violanted
Violanted
11/21/2021 1:39 pm

Hi All,

I am new to guitar new to the guitar world in general, but not new to the music world, I'm keyboard Organ player on Rock/blues sound.

I also build guitar amps, for hobby only, and mainly used for my Organ B3 to get the sound that Deep Purple were getting "Jon Lord" was indeed using a Marshall Style JTM Amp.

Now how would i apply this on Guitar is a different story, how can I get a typical blues sound is the guitar determining that or the amp or combination of both or the use of specific pedal effects?

I own so far a self built 18 Watts Amp Bluesbreaker Style, I own a little 5F1 self built as well. I also own a JTM 45 Marshall style all built out from kits.

On the Internet I found this guideline but please feel free to add anything else that is needed or could improve or make things better in terms of tone:

How to Set Up Any Amp for Blues[br]As well as understanding what makes a good blues tone, it’s useful to know how to set up your amplifier to dial in the best settings based on your rig. Here’s my step-by-step guide to getting a good blues tone.

Make sure your guitar’s volume and tone controls are on maximum. Use the bridge pickup.

Set the volume to a comfortable level.

[br]Select the overdriven channel (unless you are using a pedal).

[br]Set the gain to 3, the treble and mids to 7, and the bass to 3.

[br]Turn off reverb and any other effects.

[br]Begin by adjusting the gain, if you require more saturation then increase it, or decrease it if it sounds too distorted.

[br]Increase or decrease the mids depending on if the tone sounds too thin or too full, respectively. Play some chords and single string riffs to identify this.

[br]Increase or decrease the treble depending on if the tone sounds too harsh or too mellow, respectively. Play some chords and single string riffs to identify this.

[br]Adjust the bass control to add more or less low-end. Play some chords to identify if this is necessary.

[br]Add some light reverb and any other effects you wish to.

Is that all may be needed?

Cheers

Dave

Dave Mojo

davide.violante@rockers.rocks

www.rockers.rocks

[u]Netheralnds[/u]