Here Comes The Sun - Notation Question

ScubaCPA
Full Access
ScubaCPA
Full Access
11/09/2021 3:27 pm

Hi Mike

I'm having a blast (and a challenge of course) learning Here Comes The Sun. Your lessons are always well structured. [br][br]

Now that I have finished the lessons I am in practice mode and following the notation. It seems there is an extra start repeat bar in measure #47. There is no repeat bar after this that sends you back to it. And without any repeat the phrase is played 6 times as you mentioned in the lessons. [br][br]

Is it an error in the notation or am I missing something?

Thanks. [br]Gary

Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/11/2021 12:01 am

Hey Gary - so glad to hear you're having a blast with it!!

It does seem to me that the repeat sign in bar 47 is indeed an error, but I am double checking with the Transcription department and will comfirm shortly - stay tuned!

Thanks for the heads up!

Mike

Originally Posted by: ScubaCPA

Hi Mike

I'm having a blast (and a challenge of course) learning Here Comes The Sun. Your lessons are always well structured. [br][br]

Now that I have finished the lessons I am in practice mode and following the notation. It seems there is an extra start repeat bar in measure #47. There is no repeat bar after this that sends you back to it. And without any repeat the phrase is played 6 times as you mentioned in the lessons. [br][br]

Is it an error in the notation or am I missing something?

Thanks. [br]Gary

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/11/2021 2:30 pm
Originally Posted by: ScubaCPA

It seems there is an extra start repeat bar in measure #47.

This should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.