View post (Always retuning...)

View thread

DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
11/09/2021 8:57 pm

Translation please:. IMPE????

"I Make People Envious", perhaps???? My mistake, it's "I Must Practice Encouragement", as opposed to quoting manufacturers' literature and specs, and telling people they're wrong (including telling someone he'd bought the wrong guitar simply because he owns a type you dislike. I personally think Rickenbacker guitars are ugly but know other people think they're perfect).

As for Slinkys, mine lasted 6m average home playing, 3ish gigging. And I seriously doubt the nut on any sub 1k price guitar is precision cut for a specific guage of string.

In my personal experience, I've swapped guages so often I barely remember what guages my guitars came with. Admittedly, some guage experiments were a total failure, such as 8s on an archtop, but what's life without a little try-it-and-see, eh?

You've previously posted that you are unapologetic, but have you ever stopped to consider that your criticisms could undermine people who have started on a pretty steep learning curve who may already be doubting their potential for learning. As for me, say what you will. I've played in front of audiences whose idea of fun is to drink and threaten bands who can't play their favourite songs, so words from the ether are meaningless IMHO.

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......