View post (Trying To Understand Scales)

View thread

snpfarm
snpfarm
10/03/2021 8:10 pm

In my on again off again guitar history which I'm determined to never be "off" again thanks to GT. Until I joined GT I've been 100% self taught. I never paid much attention to scales until now that I've found GT. I have a couple of questions. So when looking at different scales like the ones in the GT Tool Box. Like for example the Blues Scale with "C" as the root note. It shows the various notes of the scale across the strings/fretboard. So here are my questions

1. Each note is indicated by a circle with a number in the circle. I know the "Red 1" indicates the root note but what about the other circles with numbers?

2. Does it matter in which order you play the notes of the particuliar scale or just put something together that sounds good? I guess thats where improvising comes in so I may have just answered my own question.

3. I would think that once you start you should at least start with the root note.

Thanks,

Scott

This trying to get my left hand and right hand to work together is driving me crazy!