View thread

matthewksmith93
Full Access
matthewksmith93
Full Access
09/30/2021 12:46 am

Hey Chris,[br][br]Thanks for the detailed response![br][br]

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Exactly what kind of descending runs are you working on? What scales? Styles of music?[/quote][p] [br]I've been working minor scales and I have a tendency to slightly get off sync between the hands so that (for example) notes from my pinky to third finger will sound slightly muted and until I can get that cleaner I won't play faster. Primarily play rock with large interest in playing more Stevie Ray Vaughn and looking at more metal lately.[br][br]

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel I recently posted a reworked version of my speed building tutorial that has an entire component built around developing alternate picking technique with the goals of playing in a smooth, relaxed manner with minimal motion for efficiency.

I saw this series posted about two days after I posted my question, I've already started looking at it. Fate has a way I suppose.

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]When you say top strings are you referring to the bass or treble register?
[br][br]The bass register, apologies. I think more practice from your suggestions will help, I'm actively correcting bad habits of playing flat fingered toward the bass register which prevents being able to swap between the E and A strings for example for interesting licks.

[br]Again, thank you for the list of exercises and detailed response. I've been looking for more direction to stay engaged and challenged. [br][br]Matt