View post (Iridium and Headrush)

View thread

DraconusJLM
DraconusJLM
10/26/2021 8:48 am

USB lead from laptop or PC to DI (this also powers the DI).

Guitar into Iridium, or other pedals before it.

Then it's the audio outputs, mono or stereo depending on what I want (usually mono when playing along to videos) from the Iridium into inputs on the DI.

There was a bit of fiddling around with software audio to get both the sound from the video on the laptop to play through the DI headphones socket at the same time as the audio from the guitar, but that was only when I first set everything up. Now it's just plug n play.

I've not really had time to do much recording other than testing that it works and a few noodling moments, but that all seems fine.

Now I just need another Iridium and I'm all set.... I have two pedalboards, so have to swap it between them.

Another thing you can do with an Iridium is connect it to the Return of an effects loop on any amp that has one, which bypasses the amplification stages and uses the amp like an ordinary powered FRFR speaker.

It's a lovely addition, but not cheap (typical Strymon). Next on the list is a Sunset!

I wish this forum had a "block user" feature. Possibly I'm not the only one......