View post (Fat Fingers - seeking advice)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
07/26/2021 1:00 am
Originally Posted by: alljerseystudiosnjSo after googling "fat fingers", I seem to be left with several options.

Jim

[p]

5) None of the above

@alljerseystudiosnj "Fat fingers"? It could well be. However, for your consideration. That BCP 41" acoustic as previously sold on Amazon and Walmart. I'm pretty sure that's the same acoustic sold by ALDI here in AU and under other rebrands on eBay. I've played one. Cheap and [u]nasty[/u]. I'm no 'name brand' guitar snob as anyone here who've read my previous posts knows, but those are simply horrible -[u]understatement[/u].

No offence, but assuming the guitar is as mentioned above further depicted below, the guitar is junk. You [u]need a better tool if you are to avoid frustration[/u]. See paragraph below notated NB: for more.[br][br]

A decent tool is prerequisite to this journey. Go to a guitar store if you can and seek experienced advice from a CSR who isn't a push-sell what's on the shelf in store type. S/he'll reveal your 'fat fingers' impediment to learning as either fact or newbie difficulty misperception along with the solution. If your budget is restrictive, tell them that. A decent playing and sounding guitar can be had for remarkably few dollars these days. Guitar fit is as imperative as glove or shoe fit IMPE. Don't give it away without exploring that avenue first. It may well be that you have sausage fingers, but it's a fair chance the frustration and issue you are [u]currently[/u] experiencing is partly due to finger pressure attributable to that tool. In store enquiry and trial will reveal. GL.[br][br]NB: If it is the guitar I surmise it is, hidden under that thin veneer of acrylic laquer the body is hot glued fibre board as is its scant bracing. Disregarding the impact of that on tone (dull), and here's the important part impacting your learning journey, it has [u]narrow low profile frets[/u] the impact of which on fretting is exacerbated by being fitted with heavy gauge 'barbed wire' strings OOTB. Their string spacing is regular at around 11mm from memory, but those other characteristics see [u]abnormal tip pressure and finger strength required[/u] to fret, something adverse to anyone, and particularly a beginner. The bridge is a crock. See those two 'pearloid' inlays below the string pins on the bridge. They hide two 3mm bolts which is all that is holding that bridge to the poorly hot glued bracing underneath. Send it back if you can.