View post (I Need To Begin The Right Way!)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/03/2021 12:46 pm
Originally Posted by: Midiman1

Help! The "F and B Chord" I cannot finger those chords to save my life....Help Chris!!! LOL

Here are a couple of options for working on the F chord.

First just try this triad. This is enough to get the sound of the chord because it contains all the notes you need. For now just do that when you need to practice an F chord in time.

|-----------------------|

|--1--(C)-------------|[br]|--2--(A)-------------|[br]|--3--(F)-------------|[br]|-----------------------|

At a different practice session try working on the upper part. Again this is enough to create a full F chord because it has all the notes you need, just a different voicing!

|--1--(F)------------|[br]|--1--(C)------------|[br]|--2--(A)-------------|[br]|-----------------------|[br]|-----------------------|

Eventually you can work on putting them together after you get a handle on those two different "pieces" of the traditional F chord voicing.

Here are a couple of options for working on the B chord.

First just try this power chord diad. This is enough to get the sound of the chord because it contains the root note & the 5th. For now just do that when you need to practice a B chord in time.

|--4--(F#)------------|[br]|--2--(B)-------------|[br]|----------------------|

At a different practice session try working on the upper part. Again this is enough to create a full B chord because it has all the notes you need, just a different voicing!

|--4--(D#)------------|[br]|--4--(B)-------------|

|--4--(F#)------------|[br]|-----------------------|[br]|-----------------------|

Eventually you can work on putting them together after you get a handle on those two different "pieces" of the traditional F chord voicing.

Hope this helps! Best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory