How to change password

bobby.johnson
Full Access
bobby.johnson
Full Access
06/11/2021 6:44 pm

Hello, I signed up for the site using OIDC with my Google account. I recieved an email containing a username and password that I was able to use to login to the iPhone app.

I work in the identity and access management industry and having a password emailed to me gives me the heebie jeebies. I wanted to update the password to something only I know that has not been floating around email.

I found a previous thread that said to look in the accout settings under email and username. But I do not see a way to change the password.

How can I change it?

Also, if you want some help getting your authentication setup in a way that does not cause this problem, I am happy to help. I work at auth0.com and it is what we do.

// '11 Gibson Les Paul Standard

// `20 Taylor 314ce

// `21 Fender American Ultra Stratocaster

# 1
martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
06/11/2021 8:10 pm

Hey Bobby - I work in IAM as well. Small world.

I origanlly signed up using my Google credentials, though I was not emailed a password, but switched to a seperate account later because I wanted to log in to the Android app. I was able to change my password using the forgotten password link.

If you open the site in a new browser window and click "login" there is a (fairly faint - probably not WCAG compliant) "Forgot Your Password?" link below the yellow "Log-In" button. Enter the email address associated with the account and from there it's pretty normal email based reset, though I am not sure the link has a proper timeout on it.

=K

=Keith

# 2
bobby.johnson
Full Access
bobby.johnson
Full Access
06/11/2021 8:17 pm

I didn't even think to look for it! So much for my identity expertise.... Thanks, Martin.

// '11 Gibson Les Paul Standard

// `20 Taylor 314ce

// `21 Fender American Ultra Stratocaster

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.