View post (How, how, how, HOW to switch from G to F??)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
05/21/2021 1:58 pm

Which F? F major 6th string barre chord? F major 5th string barre chord at 8th fret? Are you needing this for a song or is this general learning?

The answer you are going to get, consistently, is "it will come". I'm surprised others haven't responded with that before me. It will come!

But you are making the same mistake I did. Looking at my practice log I worked barre chords for about 9 months. With some retrospection I wish I had followed my own advice that follows. But I can play just about any barre chord cleanly, even F at the 1st fret!

Since you are getting them it to ring clearly you have overcome the major hurdle to getting barre chords mastered, the finger strength. What I would suggest is move on and just work those changes a few minutes of each practice session. Work that G to F. If you get it fairly good, not perfect, work the next chord change to F. As you continue to improve your over all muscle memory and dexterity those changes will continue to improve.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45