View post (Grateful for the structure)

View thread

LynnS1951
LynnS1951
05/11/2021 2:14 am

Hi Ronald,

The solid structure here was was recommended by a review and I was sold. I never expected to sing in this course, I mean Lisa's original songs – I thought I could only sing songs I'd known for many years. I never knew exactly how strumming chords supports even the least talented singer. I don't know how I could never have understood that the chords do echo the melody. It's amazing to sing with the guitar and very therapeutic. I just took delivery of a new Taylor. Its crisp sound inspires my desire to play with crisp accuracy.

[br]I've been learning piano for a few years and what's happened with the guitar in my month or so here is it's loosened up my musicality. I went to the piano emboldened to try playing chords and singing, old favourites, because I know more on the piano. In a matter of minutes I was improvising from a lyrics & chords sheet so that enough melody was drifting in that singing was redundant. So, win-win. My piano playing just got more fun, but the guitar isn't redundant 'cause that's where I sing!