Facebook/Youtube.

Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
04/09/2021 12:57 am

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way on GT site to know/link what is being taught outside the site? I got an email from admin mentioning Mike teaching some slide stuff and i thought awesome...let me at it but wasn't sure how i missed it. Turns out it's free on youtube. Do we simply need to check in on youtube periodically to see what instructors are up to? I know Dave posts what's coming, but wondering if archived or referenced somewhere on GT? As subscribers be nice to have all our lessons in one place as Chris seems to be the only teacher keeping the theory stuff going on the site and rest moonlighting and dishing it out free to the masses.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/09/2021 6:36 pm

Hey Tinpan! Great question. Go ahead and subscribe to the Guitar Tricks YouTube Channel so you never miss any content. Mike does a weekly Live Lesson every Friday at 5pm PST on our YouTube channel. We also post tips and tricks to help with your guitar journey every Tuesday and Friday morning at 9am PST! You can find all of the YouTube lesson material on the Guitar Tricks website as well. (The live lessons are only available on the YouTube channel). We like to provide as many tools as possible for our users!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
04/09/2021 7:06 pm

Ok cool thanks. I'm wondering why gt teachers are putting so much free stuff out there though too. We subscribe to get what we can't get on YouTube and it's starting to look like there are more hours being spent on teaching on YouTube than here? I get it's probably a good advertising platform but the lessons are getting good and long enough for free to make me ponder if the subs are being used appropriately.

# 3
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/14/2021 4:12 pm

I would like to use these lessons but cant find them here on the channel. I am not at all interested in signing up to facebook. They gave us tRump and they stole the info to do it so they could sell it to Cambridge Anaylitica, so it could manipulate the election. This is treason in my opinion and I will not support the platform. Are these lessons on fb listed here on GT somewhere I am missing? Please advise me how I can access this info.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/14/2021 6:27 pm
Originally Posted by: Tinpan

Ok cool thanks. I'm wondering why gt teachers are putting so much free stuff out there though too. We subscribe to get what we can't get on YouTube and it's starting to look like there are more hours being spent on teaching on YouTube than here? I get it's probably a good advertising platform but the lessons are getting good and long enough for free to make me ponder if the subs are being used appropriately.

Great questions. The lessons provided on YouTube are very small. One chord here, one chord there. They do not include song lessons or complete style breakdowns. The online course is much more in-depth and comprehensive. The YouTube content is more of a bite-sized thing to augment the lessons on the website. Enjoy!!!

# 5
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/15/2021 12:00 am

That still doesn't answer my problem with not being able to take advantage of these lessons without placing my personal info on facebook. Facebook is not an alteristic entity who is looking out for the countrys good. At least not when there is money to be made. What they did with cambridge analyitca should have sent them all to jail. And now they decide that when they loose the information of over half a BILLION users that they don't need to tell all those millions how they were dammaged by facebook. People will suffer as a result. Please stop using this platform.

# 6
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/16/2021 6:53 pm

We have Live Lessons on Facebook and YouTube. You do not need a Facebook account to take advantage of our Live Lesson program. You can simply subscribe to our YouTube channel as well. Enjoy the free lessons!

# 7
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/16/2021 9:14 pm

My problem is that these corpirations don't care how the information they glean is used, just so long as they make money and they don't have to answer for how they do it. We used to have a right to privacy, now we have a right to get ripped off by corporations that they have no responsablity for their actions. Even to the point where when their security is not able to prevent the thieft of private info of half a BILLION people from being stolen, they decide that they don't feel obligated to even warn those customers about it!!! Please stop supporting these bad news providers.

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.