View post (narrow neck?)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/08/2021 2:51 pm

Since you are just a few months into learning guitar, know that your skill level will continue to grow as long as you practice, practice, practice..... (did I mention Practice?) You might find that your standard guitar ends up fitting in the long run. I have seen some very large people play very small Mandolins with great skill. Or not.

However, you are ready to start answering the magic question... what guitar is the best all round fit for you as an individual. People spend a lifetime answering that question. Diffrent guitars are better suited for diffrent styles of playing. You will be amazed at how many styles of guitar there are, and you will find at least one that really fits, sooner or later.

Go to a guitar shop and try a bunch of guitars, you are really the only person who can answer this question. Go glad hand a bunch of guitars, you will probably enjoy the experience. Take your time, enjoy the ride, ask a lot of questions to the people in the know. Become knowledgable. Surf the interwebz. Listen to the people who inspire you, what ax do they play? Try them all!!

This is actualy an important part of how you develop as a musician. You will begin to understand more about the nature of diffrent guitars. There is a lot of varriation. Keep trying them until you find one that really fits what you want... that guitar, is the right guitar for you.

And now for the "Informed Consent" portion of this speal....

Understand...it may not be the last guitar you end up buying. G.A.S. is real and the world is full of aluring guitars. I have a friend who ended up having to remodel his house so he could store all his guitars securly. So, this may not be a "One and Done" situation at all...

Captcha is a total pain in the........