View post (Practice Partner)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
04/02/2021 7:30 pm
Originally Posted by: blajacl85

Hello everyone. I'm really enjoying this site. I live in a rural area and don't drive. Im looking for someone to be a practice partner. I had a stroke one year ago and I been playing the guitar since the fall. I'm still at the beginning of this course. The kind of music I want to play is acoustic, blues and anything that gets my foot tapping. I also play piano.

A great way to have 'someone' to jam with, when you have no one to jam with, is to use the Guitar Tricks Jam Station. There are a lot of useful base tracks that you can play along with. You do have to dig a bit in order to find a track you might want to play along with but it can be worth it. I've been playing a good long time and just want to let loose on some blue licks so I grab a basic track and just noodle away. Also, a number of Guitar Tricks song lessons have 'jam along' videos too.

To be honest, now that I'm in my 50's, it's not like a guitar player is around every corner as it was in my 20's, so even though I could jam with someone, their aren't that many around you can just bump in to like the days when I was young.

Hope that helps and good luck!