View post (Thoughts on the Fender LT25?)

View thread

LamphunLamyai
LamphunLamyai
12/26/2021 8:06 am

I bought one and I love it. [br][br]But there are some issues. The unit I bought was supplied with an ungrounded EU-type plug. I live outside of the US but my house electrics are grounded. [br][br]I went around with Fender support for over two months. They blamed the distributor, the retailer, blah blah blah for not supplying a grounded power cord (which they could have easily sent me but chose not to do) and pretty much said it wasn't their problem. I wrote to Fender Corporate and have the signed receipt for delivery (signed by C. Ovid) and I never received a reply to my letter. Think about that - a courier sent letter to Fender Corporat signed "C. Ovid". Very funny. It probably was trashed. Not professional. I kept pushing on Fender support and they finally just said that it must be a faulty amp and take it back to the retailer. I don't believe it. Why? Because I finaly bought my own GROUNDED cable and it resolved the problem.[br][br]I contacted other forums and found that the power cord is pretty much the same cord you'd use with a desktop computer - it's a trapazoid plug. I purchased one online for the equivalant of $7 bucks. Problem solved. [br]Trying to work with Fender Support for two months - excuses and BS. [br][br]So back to the amp - I love it. It is a good buy, you'll enjoy it. But check out the power cord that came with it. Fender support is lacking in their commitment to safety. If you've got a grounded power cord? Enjoy this wonderful amp. If not - buy one - don't depend on Fender to guarentee your safety by supplying you with an unground power cord.