View post (Keep it coming! (I Wouldn't Want to be Like You))

View thread

ISirius42
ISirius42
03/07/2021 2:51 pm

Thanks for your interest in hearing my version of Anticipation. Here's a link to the YouTube video. We mime our parts for the video. I think the song came out pretty good even though I'm not the best singer. The 6-string and 12-string blended nicely (I played the 12-string in standard tuning). My friend and I also did I Wouldn't Want to be Like You, which was also sparked by one of your lessons. Once again we mimed for the video. I strayed from your lesson arrangement on "Be Like You"--keeping the rhythm playing around the 8th position and simplifying the solo in at least two places because I wasn't up to speed by the time we wanted to record. I'm good at practicing slow and deliberatly--with today's technology, it's easy to slow down a piece to 90, 80, 70% speed. But sometimes I hit a brick wall when trying to play fast parts. In this case, I couldn't get the solo out of the 80% area because of the fast parts, so I made alterations to get me through.

What a thrill to be in the music! Thanks agian for the great lessons including the live FaceBook ones. I'm looking forward to learning more.