View post (Keep it coming! (I Wouldn't Want to be Like You))

View thread

ISirius42
ISirius42
02/13/2021 3:45 pm

I just wanted to drop a line to say, "Thanks!" for covering some great tunes. I recently re-started my subscription to GuitarTricks, and it was mainly due the new (to me) songs I saw-- many of them taught by you.

In particular, I saw the class on "I Wouldn't Want to be Like You." I have tried for years to nail down the solo and thanks to your breakdown, I'm on my way (I can play it at about 80% speed now and am working my way up). Also, I had never tried to attempt breaking the song down harmonically. I never realized how accessible it was to me and my skill level--with a little work. It is pretty gratifying to be able to look at the song as a whole and see how everything seems to pivot off of the C note which is telegraphed by the opening robotic C pulse.

I'm looking forward to nailing this song and learning another.

Also, thanks for the "Anticipation" lesson. I completed that lesson and after a few weeks, I got with a friend who plays bass, and we recorded a cover. It came out excellent (I blended 6-string and 12-string guitars with the parts you taught and it was sounded great). We also hope to record "...Be Like You" once we get our parts down.

Thanks again.