View post (Full Time On The Forum!)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
01/13/2021 4:00 pm

Hey Anders,

Best wishes for the new year to you.

Where I'm at in my journey is I am a chubby, old guy in Omaha trying to learn to plaay some blues in retirement.

I have taken a few (it was only supposed to be a couple) weeks off over the holidays to learn this "bluesy" version of Jingle bells. I hope to finish it this week and then back to my regular schedule......which includes working Soul Sacrifice with Tom Finch. I am (overly?) optimistically hoping that I can finish it by the end of the month.

Then the next song to work iws going to be your lesson on LaGrange by ZZ Top or Suzie Q by CCR or The Thrill is gone. Or maybe one of your lessons on a Clapton song.

And I've now told you who some of my favorite guitarists are.

Probably, when I get ready for the next song, I'll base my decision on least number of "picks". Or, at that time, I'll consult with you which one to determine which would be best for where I'm at.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forum.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45