View post (Howdy from South Texas)

View thread

Christian Soldier
Christian Soldier
12/25/2020 6:54 pm

Hey y'all,

Thanks for the feedback, I went ahead and took the plunge. Looking forward to getting started.

Faith83, can't really say what direction I will be heading in, I do listen to many types, from country to blues, to rock and rap....not the raunchy stuff, I'm more centered around music that will gloify the Lord God. But to answer for country I do look to learn some of the Country songs that are geared toward the gospel of Christ. Alan Jackson has recoreded a few that I would love to learn, first and foremost would be the old time hymn "Amamzing Grace" Alan does a beautiful rendition of it on acoustic...one thing that I would really love to do is to put music to some of the poems I have written about my salvation in the Lord. I have a friend in CA that is not a beleiver in Christ, yet he read them without me knowing...long story...he is a network admin and was able to pick them up as I was transferring them across the network at work...he sent me a IM and said, hey man the poems would make wonderful songs...the Lord works in ways at times that take us by surprise .

I want to thank you all again for the feedback and look forward to getting to know y'all and learn from you.

Take care and may you all have a blessed and wonderful day.

RD