View post (Howdy from South Texas)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/25/2020 12:45 am

Hi RD!

Welcome to GT and the forum. I called San Antonio home for over a third of a century before moving to the northern Rockies. Here's my take on GT...

For beginners, this is the best online guitar learning site. 'Nuff said.

Once a player has a few skills under his/her belt, this is the best site I know of for detailed/in depth song lessons.

The instructors are professional, friendly and answer questions on the forum with speed and understanding. Follow-on questions are encouraged.

The forum itself is a fun, informative and friendly community. There seems to be a good number of older players, particularly older players that are just starting out.

The lessons! Man, the lessons!! GT has a super course plan, starting with Fundamentals and going into intermediate level styles/genres. There are dozens of separate tutorials specific to technique, music theory, etc..

Pro-rate the yearly subscription and it's not a bad price. Once in a while there is a special on a yearly subscription but it appears to be aperiodic, i.e., one never knows when it's gonna pop up.

As you can tell by my join date, I'm a big believer and supporter of GT. I think you'll like it here.

Good luck, [u]have[/u] [u]fun[/u].

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins