Can someone tell me how to do multiple quotes?

dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
12/19/2020 7:13 pm

Chris Schlegel always responds to my questions with independent snips (quotes) from my original email (shown in gray boxes). I don't seem to be able to do anything other than to quote an entire post. I've tried a few things that make intuitive sense, but no luck. Can someone tell me the procedure for doing this. I doubt it makes a difference but I'm on an Apple.

Thanks

# 1
jimk8882
jimk8882
12/19/2020 7:22 pm

It would be nice to know for Windows based products as well. I have struggled with quotes in the past.

Jim

# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/19/2020 8:13 pm
Originally Posted by: dlwalkeChris Schlegel always responds to my questions with independent snips (quotes) from my original email (shown in gray boxes).[/quote]

Yes, I do!

Originally Posted by: dlwalkeI don't seem to be able to do anything other than to quote an entire post. I've tried a few things that make intuitive sense, but no luck.[/quote]

It works like this:

[quote=dlwalke]Can someone tell me the procedure for doing this.

Yes, I can!

[quote=dlwalke]I doubt it makes a difference but I'm on an Apple.

You will have to figure out how to copy-paste text on your Apple device. I'm not sure how that works, but I just use CTRL-C & CTRL-V on my Windows device.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
manXcat
manXcat
12/19/2020 8:40 pm
Originally Posted by: jimk8882 It would be nice to know for Windows based products as well. I have struggled with quotes in the past. Jim[/quote]

The forum app is steam driven, so it all has to be done manually I'm afraid.

For a Windows PC or Android device. I expect iOS will be the similar if not identical.

Press the quote button.

These are square brackets. [ ]

Type, or cut and paste the following at the opening and close of the desired quotation as illustrated in bold type below. Place each within their own pair of square brackets. The passsage you wish quote goes between them. [u]Syntax needs to be precise[/u].

quote=manXcat place the clause, sentence, paragraph to be quoted here /quote substituting of course, the actual username of the person being quoted.

If done corrrectly it will appear looking like this.

[quote=manXcat]place the clause, sentence, paragraph to be quoted here

Rinse and repeat for each passage you desire quoted.

# 4
jimk8882
jimk8882
12/20/2020 3:06 am
Originally Posted by: manXcatThe forum app is steam driven, so it all has to be done manually I'm afraid.
manXcat and Christopher, thank you for the detailed instructions. [br][br]

Jim

# 5
manXcat
manXcat
12/20/2020 3:19 am

My pleasure Jim. Glad to be of help.

Not quite sure how that forum timestamp works. Time of clicking reply, or time of posting/final edit?

The was no answer when I started and it didn't take me long. Regardless I suspect Christopher and I were typing replies at the same time, mine possibly taking less time without the image cutting, editing and pasting although I posted only shortly after his. I left it in any case having already done the work and offering an alternative textually descriptive explanation.

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.