Included in the church Christmas service

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
12/16/2020 3:03 am

Hi everyone,

I received quite a gracious honor this week. My pastor saw the video I posted of my What Child is This in which I not only played my guitar but also sang ALL the verses. (I'm not a singer so it really wasnt the greatest but acceptable to the ear, I think...) She is including it in one of our church's Christmas services that will premiere on the 21st. It's a "Blue Christmas" service, always on the longest day of the year in which we remember those we have lost this year or are missing. Also included are others' musical pieces perfomed mostly at home...where we are all at all the time. Allllll the time.

Anyway, I thought this was just so cool and is really flattering. I started playing in July and have only gotten this far because of Guitar Tricks. I never thought I would be included in a church Christmas program for all to see. I am so excited! (Nervous for all to see, but mostly excited.)

I'm also excited about where I'm at in my lessons, while simultaneously taking ukulele lessons, too. I calculated....and I practiced my guitar for a solid six hours today. This is also why I'm blowing through strings....New ones will be put on this week.

Big thanks to Guitar Tricks and all the instructors.

(Takes a bow...)

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/16/2020 12:08 pm

This is great to hear Susan. You have great enthusiam for the guitar. Good luck with your performance.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
12/16/2020 1:49 pm
Originally Posted by: SusanMW

Hi everyone,

I received quite a gracious honor this week. My pastor saw the video I posted of my What Child is This in which I not only played my guitar but also sang ALL the verses. (I'm not a singer so it really wasnt the greatest but acceptable to the ear, I think...) She is including it in one of our church's Christmas services that will premiere on the 21st. It's a "Blue Christmas" service, always on the longest day of the year in which we remember those we have lost this year or are missing. Also included are others' musical pieces perfomed mostly at home...where we are all at all the time. Allllll the time.

Anyway, I thought this was just so cool and is really flattering. I started playing in July and have only gotten this far because of Guitar Tricks. I never thought I would be included in a church Christmas program for all to see. I am so excited! (Nervous for all to see, but mostly excited.)

I'm also excited about where I'm at in my lessons, while simultaneously taking ukulele lessons, too. I calculated....and I practiced my guitar for a solid six hours today. This is also why I'm blowing through strings....New ones will be put on this week.

Big thanks to Guitar Tricks and all the instructors.

(Takes a bow...)

That's awesome. As a now fellow church musician, I welcome you to the club.

You'll do awesome and you have a lot of people to support you there so it will all be good. Good luck!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.