View post (How to find basic songs without anything "strange")

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/21/2020 6:10 pm

Hey & welcome to GT!

Originally Posted by: pauli.karna12

I struggle to find basic songs that do not use barchords or capo for instance. I would like to play beginner-friendly songs that use basic open chords, and which does not include some one string solo sections or "modified" chords.[/quote][p]The problem you're going to run into there is that's where songs get their interesting & unique parts & bits from! The unique or "strange" parts. :)

Having said that . . . [br][quote=pauli.karna12][p]Is there any method to sort these kind of songs out? Does anyone have a list of these songs available in GT?

[p]Your best bet is the Made Easy option.

https://www.guitartricks.com/songs/beginner

Most of these songs are open chords with some barre chords (which you are going to have to learn eventually anyway). If there is a section with a single sting line or part that is too difficult for you, then:

1. Substitute something simpler. Just play a simple chord that represents the part.

2. Skip it & count to keep time until you can jump back in. That's great practice for timing.

I did this many times when I was learning to play. I would gradually add parts as I learned new techniques & improved my skill. I encouraged all my students to do it!

Don't let it stop you that you can't play every last part in the whole song. Play along with whatever you are able. Hope this helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory