View post (Input please on the Ibanez thermo guitars)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
11/03/2020 2:28 am
Originally Posted by: manXcat

We're digressing now, but it's your thread and if you don't mind?

In an acoustic, you'll know it when you experience the right combination for you of scale length, neck profile, fingerboard radius, fret size, nut width, string tension (scooped bridges) and action when all are adjusted. Marry that with the overall right body shape, size, width and overall guitar length for you, and that's a guitar you'll love to play [u]every day[/u]. Then be concerned about what it sounds like to you, if you find its tone pleasing and what you're wanting prioritised over the spec. spin. [br][br]

[p]

I don't mind and yes, this. This is how I felt when I played that guitar, which is why I was tempted. It sounded amazing but it felt... just right, which I agree is far more important.

but I think I may go for the electric acoustic cutaway model instead... I need to investigate to see if it has the same dimensions, etc. Unfortunately, right now I'm in a small town with only one guitar store, but it is probablyl worth the two hour drive to Portland (ME) to play a few different versions.

One thing I didn't like about the ACV11 was that the neck looks like plastic, even though it's not. But I loved how small and light it was.

And thank you for taking the time to respond!

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."