Hello from Central Texas!

deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
10/30/2020 7:41 pm

Greetings everyone. Just wanted to finally introduce myself. I am 57 years old. Picked up the guitaar for the first time when I was 14. Got frustrated with it and put it down. I have picked it up off and on agaain from time to time over the years. Almost put it down for good after my Mother passed away almost 5 years ago. Last fall my wife got tickets for her and I to go see my main guitar hero, Peter Frampton, on his farewell tour in Houston. I had seen him years ago right after "Frampton Comes Alive" was released. I thought I would never see him again. then my wife surprised me with the tickets! He was awesome ! I liked seeing him play his "The Phoenix" Les Paul. Same one I saw him play years ago. Anyway, he inspired me to pick it back up and try again. Started with some Mel Bay Chord and Scales books. Then started looking and learning songs from Youtube. Then I started looking into online learning and found Guitar Tricks. Joined back in March, I have worked through Guitar Fundamentals 1 and 2 with Lisa McCormick, and I am currently about halfway through the Acoustic 1 with Anders. I have learned a handful of the "Made Easy" songs too. Looking forward to Acoustic 2 and then Blues, Country, Rock. Take care all. Dee

# 1
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
10/31/2020 2:37 am

Welcome, Dee! You've come to the right place. Lots of support here in the forum!

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 2
deepiper9
Full Access
deepiper9
Full Access
10/31/2020 2:40 am
Originally Posted by: faith83

Welcome, Dee! You've come to the right place. Lots of support here in the forum!

Thank you faith83!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.